Step 1 — Hosting:
Hosting is the place where you put your website and all the web pages. Only building a website without hosting is meaningless. Nobody can see your website including you on web. So, the first thing is to find a web hosting provider.
Step 2 — You Need a Domain Name
A domain name is a name to your website url which people can type in address bar to get your website. Some examples of domain names are:
- grank.co.in & so on
You needn’t bother with a domain name to set up a site. Without a domain name also you can set up a site on free hosting or even paid hosting plans. A domain name provides additional branding for your site and makes it easier for people to remember the URL.
Step 3 — Plan Your Website
For planning your website, you have to decide:
- Type of site — most websites are either news/data, product, or reference sites. According to their types, websites have different focus.
- Navigation — the navigation influences the building design of your site.
- Content — Content is the real pages you will build.
Step 4 — Create Your Website Page by Page
Building a website need work on one page at a time. To build your site you must be acquainted with:
- Design Basics — The components of great design and and how to utilize on sites.
- Learning HTML — HyperText Markup Language or HTML is the building block of a web page. So learning HTML is the basic requirement to design a website.
- Learning CSS — For changing the HTML elements, CSS is required, hence it is the building blocks of looks of a web page.
Step 5 — Publish Your Website
Publishing your website is a matter of getting the pages you have build. This can be done with the tools used for hosting the website or FTP (File Transfer Protocol) clients.
Step 6 — Promote Your Website
Search Engine Optimization is the best way to promote your website. You make your web content so that it ranks well in search engines. This is difficult but is inexpensive and can give you good results if you will work on it. Excluding SEO there are other ways to promote your websites like social media optimization (SMO), email marketing and so on.
Step 7 — Maintain Your Website:
Maintaining a website is the most crucial part in web designing. But keep your website going well and for great looking, you need to maintain it in regular basis. You can do it by add good contents to your website on a regular basis. to get more visitors, you need to add more contents to your website.